Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Portraits 18 and 19

Well... All I can say is that it was a very busy, yet fun weekend. xD lol... I have to catch up on all my projects too.

These two paintings were master copies of works from Elisabeth Le Brun and John E. Millais (respectively). For the second one (a portrait of Alice Gray) I attempted to use the same palette from the first piece (Hyacinthe Gabrielle Roland).  Turned out okay, 'cept in the AG portrait, the kid's eyes were huge and the version I painted the eyes are itty bitty things... If anything I'm really happy with how the nose turned out for that one. xD

As for the first portrait, I was trying to not over render like how I've been in some of the other portraits I've done so far. It was so tempting to blend everything together to make it super smooth and what not. I think I did this one in an hour and a half... something like that it was definitely under 2 hours.



Technically I have another portrait due this Tues, but, meh. Going to save that for later today. I wonder if I also have enough time to throw in another landscape... hrm... guess we'll just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment